The entertainment system in your car is like the hub of your ride.
Sophisticated digital touchscreen displays are a coveted feature for many, the place where you can control music, get directions or make a call.
With so much activity taking place around this small feature, you need to take care of it properly.
Regularly cleaning the entertainment system will keep your drive connected.
Here’s how to safely clean sensitive electronic components:
- Gather your cleaning supplies. You’ll need a can of compressed air, an interior cleaning product, a brush designed for interior use and a microfiber cloth.
- Be safe. Anytime you’re cleaning the buttons and knobs on your entertainment system, be sure to avoid dripping liquid behind these components or in them. If you do, electrical problems may develop.
- Use the brush. Wipe gently around and over the buttons, knobs and other areas of the entertainment system to remove dust and dirt. Push the brush’s bristles deep into the crevices around the buttons and switches. Turn them on and off while brushing around them to get the bristles as far down as they can go.
- Next, spray the air. Avoid spraying the can of compressed air too closely to the buttons, as a strong force of air could damage electronic components. Choose compressed air that is safe to use on computers.
- Wipe it down. Spray the microfiber towel lightly with the interior cleaner. Wipe the electronic components with the rag, removing any leftover dust. If buttons and components are really dirty, spray them directly with cleaner, and then work the brush over the area until clean. Follow up by wiping the area with the microfiber towel again.
- Clean the screen.
Now you’re ready to clean the screen. Use the microfiber towel to wipe
away dirt and grime, using only light pressure. Follow up with a touch
screen wipe and clean the screen again. Use the microfiber rag to dry